Apart from the notable features which Reliance Jio has to offer, users can also make use of the JioFi MiFi Storage slot. JioFi MiFi users can purchase a micro SD separately and insert it in the slot. With the Micro SD card, you can be able to share videos, files and photos since it acts as Wi-Fi storage. To get the most out of your Micro SD, it is highly recommended that you configure it. Any JioFi MiFi user who wants to configure the Wi-Fi storage slot can make use of the simple guide given below.
- You will first have to insert the Micro SD card in the memory card slot or Jiofi Storage Slot before switching on the JioFi MiFi device.
- Next, open your most preferred web browser and enter http://jiofi.local.html/index.htm as the link. This link will redirect you to the admin page of your JioFi MiFi.
- Fill in the login credentials i.e. Username and Password using administrator as the default details.
- Press the “Login” button to access the user admin panel of your JioFi MiFi.
- As soon as you are logged in, you will have to click on “Settings” option. This action will generate a drop down menu from where you should select “Storage” option.
You will then have to make the following changes
- Storage Account: Select “Enable” option.
- Storage Username: Keep the default settings i.e. “Sd Card”.
- Storage Password: You can either decide to use the default password or set up a new password. Remember that the password which you decide to use will be made available to users whenever they are accessing the Wi-Fi disk.
- Storage Mode: Let it remain “Wi-Fi Storage”
You should share the URL of your SD card i.e. http://jiofi.local.html/sdcard.html with all your users so that they can access contents on the SD card. Alternatively, you can ask users to rely on “Sd Card” as both the username and password if you did not change the default settings.
Storage Slot Modes Available on the Micro SD Card of your JioFi MiFi Device
- Local Storage: You will need to connect the device to your personal computer when accessing contents from the local storage. The connection can be made using a USB cable.
- Wi-Fi Storage: SD card contents on Wi-Fi storage can be accessed using the local Wi-Fi connection.
- Internet Storage: The internet storage allows your JioFi MiFi to operate as cloud storage. Any person using internet storage will have to access and download contents over the internet. It is highly advisable that you change your password when using internet storage. This action will play a key role in keeping your files safe and secure.
Memory card slot option in JioFi MiFi has proven to be one of the most effective features from Reliance Jio. This is because it has eased the process involved in transferring files, videos, music and photos. Make sure that you click on the Wi-Fi disk or access your JioFi MiFi using https://jiofi.local.html after applying all the settings. You should also remember to set up a strong password which cannot be easily accessed by unauthorised users.