A lot of visitors have been asking me frequently to share an easy method to upgrade Jiofi firmware. Well on public demand, here is one such method which teaches you to easily upgrade your Jiofi’s software.
JioFi, a personal hotspot, launched by Reliance Jio under the branding of Lyf, is a perfect device for this world dominated by the internet. It can connect upto 31 devices at a time with a good speed of about 3 – 10 Mbps. It is a must buy device for people who are always hungry for the internet. The Jiofi is available at the price of ₹999 on leading online shopping sites such as Amazon, Flipkart, eBay and also on the official site of Reliance Jio.
Why upgrade Jiofi Firmware?
Unfortunately, complaints of bad network and slow internet speed are being raised by the users. This probably happens because millions of people in India use Jio connections simultaneously.
These Issues are ought to be resolved because a company as big as Reliance Jio cannot afford to lose its valuable customers due to these network errors. The solution of this problem lies in the latest update of the JioFi firmware. Yes, the new update has removed most of the bugs and also improves the speed considerably. It also removes all the internal system errors in your JioFi if there are any.
So if you own a JioFi, updating it to the latest firmware would be the best option for you. But it would not be automatically updated. You have to find the update.
How to upgrade Jiofi Firmware to latest version
Now I am going to share the easiest possible way to download and upgrade your Jiofi Firmware. But before we begin, you should be knowing few things about your Jiofi Device
First of all, you should be aware of the latest available version of Jiofi and how you can get that. Secondly, you should also be knowing the prerequisites to upgrade your Jiofi Firmware.
Where to find the latest version of Jiofi Firmware
The current firmware for JioFi is – PEG_M2_B2O. You can find the latest update of JioFi firmware under settings of your local HTML site.
To know about the firmware details, simply visit jiofi.local.html and follow the steps shared there to login to your account.
Once you are logged in, you can find details related to the firmware.
Prerequisites for upgrading Jiofi Firmware
Before updating the JioFi to the latest version, you must keep you JioFi on and it must be fully charged. Your JioFi account login credentials should also be handy with you.
Steps to follow
So, here is a step-by-step guide for updating your JioFi firmware to the latest version :
- Switch on your JioFi and connect it to any PC or mobile phone.
- Now you need to login to your local html page. Check out the steps by clicking on the button below.
- Once the link opens, fill in your account login credentials in the admin panel. If you don’t remember your login credentials then you must try hard resetting your JioFi to restore settings factory defaults.
- Now click on the firmware which you see on jiofi.local.html page.
- Here, you will see configuration backup. Click on this option to back up your JioFi settings and the necessary information.
- Open settings tab and then select ‘firmware upgrade’.
- Now select Browse option and select the latest firmware update.
- Tap on the apply option and your JioFi will start updating and once updated, it will automatically be rebooted.
It might take some time so don’t worry.
Keeping your devices’ firmware updated is one of the best steps that you can take to improve the performance. Updating firmware from time to time can greatly help you to keep your device healthy and increase its performance.
That’s it. Your JioFi is updated and all the bugs have been removed which previously existed. If they are still any left, they will be removed in the future updates for sure.
You may be interested to know about the upcoming Google smartphone the Google Pixel 3 XL. The new Google phone is coming in October.